The country’s citizens are presently excited through the truth that Ayodhya Ram Mandir’s much-predicted creation has started on August 5th, 2020. Following much controversy and debate over managing a site situated in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, the city is now decked up for the Bhoomi Pujan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the Ram Temple foundation stone in the presence of many dignitaries, who took part in the ceremony.
In the holy city of Ayodhya, the historic temple is being constructed because Hindu devotees believe that the city is the birthplace of Lord Rama, who is an incarnation of god Vishnu. Many Hindu scriptures and holy books have also mentioned the same, like Ramayana. The devotees claim the location of the said temple was the original place of birth of Lord Rama. Babri Masjid had erected the same position which was later demolished in 1992.
Highlights from the Bhoomi Pujan for Ram Mandir
- On Wednesday Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone in Ayodhya for the Ram temple. Until laying the stone the prime minister conducted the Bhoomi Pujan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of the foundation stone of the Ram temple in Ayodhya before he begins addressing those gathered.
- U.P. C.M. Yogi Adityanath and RSS were also a part of the ceremony.
- About one hundred and seventy guests were invited to be a part of it.
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also congratulated the nation on such an auspicious occasion.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said that Lord Ram is the true manifestation of supreme human values and can never appear in violence, hate, or injustice.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya and gave a groundbreaking speech on this occasion.
- The P.M. emphasized how the Ram temple will be an important event in bringing prosperity to India and also pointed out how important it is to live in peace and harmony with each other being the citizens of our country as peace has always been Lord Rama’s belief. It is very important to have respect for each other’s opinions and beliefs.
- The Prime Minister also talked about how every group of Indian society was in full support of this auspicious moment whether it is the Dalits or the tribals.
- He also spoke on how the construction of this temple will bring a positive change to Ayodhya as well as the economy of the nation as people from everywhere would come to visit it.
The Bhoomi Pujan is a customary practice that is performed for agricultural purposes before commencing building or land tilling activities. In Hinduism, Mother Earth and Creation are viewed as rather auspicious. Until a temple or residential/commercial/industrial project to seek the blessings of Mother Earth (Bhooma Devi) starts, therefore, the Bhoomi is worshipped.
Significance of Bhoomi Pujan
The Bhoomi Pujan is performed to seek the Goddess’ blessings before a new project or a mission is started. Those in the architecture or industry sector, do the Bhoomi Puja on the site chosen to do the job. This is also a gesture of finding the guidance and acceptance of the Creator. It is also a gesture of showing respect for Mother Nature, who provides us with all we need for our survival. Therefore, the world is home to many animals and germs. Therefore, one may seek forgiveness from those living beings by doing Bhoomi Pujan, who may become homeless due to construction activities.
The Bhoomi Pujan often seeks the blessings of Lord Ganesha and the other Gods to ensure that work takes place uninterruptedly and efficiently after it starts. Through offering the Bhoomi prayers, one may also remove the Vastu dosha and all the negative energies that could present obstacles throughout construction.
A small portion of the ground is sunk, and the rituals are done before the foundation stone is laid. While one seeks the blessings of the Almighty by performing the Bhoomi Pujan for carrying out the project without facing hurdles.
Today will go down in India’s history as a chapter of goldenness with the entire nation chanting the name of Lord Rama. The country as a whole is emotional as the centuries-long wait finished with many people still in disbelief that they are witnessing such a moment. For years a grand temple will be seen by Ram Lalla who was under a tent. Today’s pattern of breaking down and rising again will end.
Also read- Ram Janm Bhoomi: The Historical quest